1. Imagine the possibilities: Think of 101 things you want to accomplish in the next 10 years. Have fun with this and let your imagination run free. Be specific and personalize your list by beginning each sentence with “I am” or “I will.” For example, “I will complete at least three professional development courses this year. “Or, “I am the most successful salesperson in my company.”
To get you started, here are a few questions that can help you gain focus:
* What do I want to do?
* What do I want to have?
* Where do I want to go?
* What contributions do I want to make?
* What do I want to become?
* What do I want to learn?
* How much time do I want off for fun?
* Whom do I want to spend time with?
* How much money do I want to earn, save and invest?
Once you make your list of goals, prioritize them. Place a 1 by the most important goal, 2 beside the next most important and so on. But before you do that, write down the most important reason you want to accomplish each goal and the biggest benefit you will receive from each. This will help you stay focused and motivated.
2. Create a picture goals book: To improve your focus on your new lifestyle, create a picture book of your most important goals. Simply start collecting pictures in a large photo album.
3. Use an ideas book: Get a basic notebook and jot down your daily observations and insights. This is a powerful tool to expand your awareness. You can use your book for business ideas, sales tips presentation skills, money-making projects or quotes you have read. If you’re more a computer person, you can start a Word document called “Great Ideas.”
4. Visualize, think, reflect and review: Use your imagination to create positive, winning pictures. The sharper your images are and the more intense you feel, the more likely you are to create the result you desire.
5. Develop mentors and mastermind groups: Surround yourself with business people who have more experience in areas where you are lacking. Your master-mind group should have four to six people who meet regularly to share ideas and support each other. These are power alliances that can help you achieve your goals much faster than you could on your own.